We are looking for a gregarious, friendly, self-motivated and mature legal assistant to join our team. For the right candidate, this may also be an opportunity to cross-train and further expand your current skillset as a legal assistant.
The ideal candidate has customer service background and excellent time management skills. It is preferred that the successful candidate possess an office assistant training certificate or a legal assistant training certificate from accredited programs. The role includes initial support to senior paralegals and lawyers practising in a variety of areas, preparation of legal forms including conveyance real estate documents, filing, handling phone calls/emails, scheduling appointments, accepting various forms of payments and other various administrative tasks routinely performed by legal assistants.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communicating skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Outlook;
- Knowledge of legal document production programs such as Econvey, Alf or other similar
- Familiarity with Supreme Court Rules;
- Overall general office skills including ability to manage calendars and client contact information;
- Multi-task and prioritize work and meet deadlines which may change quickly;
- Able to efficiently prepare, compile and organize legal and administrative correspondence and
- Ability to liaison with court services and agents;
- Honest, reliable, mature and self-directed.
- Previous experience in a legal office.
- Prior use of Excel and Adobe.
The opportunity initially is part-time with full intention to grow into full-time. Exchange of Flex-time with other team members is available. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, along with references, to Executive Network to the attention of Walter Donald at email@example.com.
We welcome future team members who share our commitment – lawyers and legal assistants interested working with our team are invited to contact Wendy L. Everson.