We are looking for legal assistants with 2 or more years of experience to join our team. The ideal candidates have a positive and mature outlook coupled with a customer service background and excellent time management skills. The successful candidates must possess a legal assistant training certificate from an accredited program and have prior law firm experience.
The role includes:
- initial support to senior paralegals transitioning to retirement.
- support to lawyers practising in a variety of areas.
- preparation of a variety of legal forms and documents, including professional correspondence.
- filing, handling phone calls/emails, scheduling appointments, accepting various forms of payments and other various administrative tasks routinely performed by legal assistants.
- Ability to work independently within the office and remotely.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communicating skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of legal document production programs.
- Knowledge of trust accounting rules and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with Supreme Court Rules (British Columbia).
- Overall general office skills including ability to manage calendars and client contact information.
- Multi-task and prioritize work and meet deadlines which may change quickly.
- Able to efficiently prepare, compile and organize legal and administrative correspondence and documents.
- Ability to liaison with court services and agents.
- Honest, reliable, mature, and self-directed.
- Prior use of Excel and Adobe.
The opportunity is intended to be full-time. Flex-time and Part-time may be available initially with full intention to grow into full-time with retirements. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, along with references, to Wendy Everson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify any preferred areas of law in your cover letter and resume. Salary commensurate with experience.
We welcome future team members who share our commitment – lawyers and legal assistants interested working with our team are invited to contact Wendy L. Everson.